Sunday, April 10, 2011

Misinterpretations.... Misunderstood

Sometimes its unfortunate but really funny when people intend to write something, but what they write conveys totally different meaning.  Below you can read some of such texts with regard to various contexts in life.  Do Enjoy.



"Since I have to go to my native village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one week leave."

-- Leave application by an employee


"As I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days."

-- Leave application by an employee who wanted to have mundan done for  his 10 year old son


"As I am marrying my daughter, please grant me one week's leave."

-- Leave application by an employee


"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am the only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave."

-- Leave application by an employee


"Since I have to go to the cremation ground at 10'o clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave."

-- Leave application by an employee who wanted half day leave


"I am suffering fromfever, please declare one-day holiday."

-- An incident of a leave letter


"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today."

-- From a student to headmaster


"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for day."

-- From another student to headmaster


"I am enclosed here with..."

-- Found on a cover note


"Dear Sir, with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."

-- Found on another cover note


"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home, I may be granted leave."

-- Leave application from an employee


"I am well here and hope you are also in the same well.

-- New letting writing style introduced


And the best one

"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a 'Typist and an Accountant - male or female'....    As I am both for past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post."

-- Job application by a candidate








Image courtesy: nscblog.com

2 comments:

Ritika said...

On your blog after so long today.

the interpretations were funny. But that is why there's an adage in India, that "english is a funny language".

Left comments on the two blogs below this. read them also!

Anonymous said...

Tremendous talent!Thank you for your treatment of this wonderful subject.
Leave Letter to Manager

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails